USPTO Public Advisory Committe Nominations Due September 1, 2007
- PPACnominations@uspto.gov for the Patent Public Advisory Committee or
- TPACnominations@uspto.gov for the Trademark Patent Public Advisory Committee; by
- facsimile transmission marked to the Chief of Staff’s attention at (571) 273–0464, or
- by mail marked to the Chief of Staff’s attention and addressed to the Office of the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO, Post Office Box 1450, Alexandria, Virginia 22313–1450.
The Advisory Committees’ duties include:
- Review policies, goals, performance, budget, and user fees of the USPTO relating to patents and trademarks, respectively, and advise the Under Secretary of Commerce for
Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO on these matters; and
- Within 60 days after the end of each fiscal year:
- Prepare an annual report on matters listed above;
- transmit a report to the Secretary of Commerce, the President, and the Committees on the Judiciary of the Senate and the House of Representatives; and
- publish the report in the Official Gazette of the USPTO.