The World Intellectual Property Organization's Collection of Laws for Electronic Access (CLEA) is a free, electronic database providing easy access to intellectual property legislation and treaties from a wide range of countries and regions.
CLEA consists of:
- a bibliographic index of Intellectual Property laws and treaties in English linked with
- a full-text database available in English, French, and/or Spanish.
- bibliographic data concerning each legislative text and treaty
- national legislative texts in all fields of intellectual property and related matter
- texts of multilateral treaties administered by WIPO
- texts of multilateral treaties not administered by WIPO
The legislative texts contained in CLEA:
- have been transmitted to WIPO by the competent authorities of the countries concerned, under Article 15(2) of the Paris Convention (1967 Act) and Article 24(2) of the Berne Convention (1971 Act) regarding industrial property and copyright, respectively, and/or
- have been notified by the competent authorities of the countries concerned to the Council for Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) of the World Trade Organization (WTO) - under Article 63(2) of the TRIPS Agreement: these notifications have then been communicated by the WTO to WIPO - under Article 2(4) of the Agreement between WIPO and the WTO of December 22, 1995.